The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery charges faster and works longer than standard lithium-ion batteries, giving you and your cordless tools unmatched performance and productivity to take on the most demanding applications. The Makita 4.0 Ah battery combines more run time (35% more run time per charge than the Makita BL1830 battery) with a category-leading charge time of only 40 minutes, so it spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For added convenience, it also features an L.E.D. charge level indicator to monitor battery charge.
The 18V LXT® 4.0Ah battery (BL1840) is compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol™ and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool.
Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries resist self-discharge so they’re ready for use even after long periods of storage. The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger (sold separately) is a smart-charging system that communicates with the battery during the charging process to monitor current, voltage and temperature. This advanced charging technology helps optimize battery life and deliver a faster charge. In addition, the Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created STAR Protection Computer Controls™. STAR Protection is communication technology that allows the tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. Makita, the innovation leader in cordless tool technology, has the world’s cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V lithium-ion slide-style battery.
- EFFICIENCY: Integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- INNOVATION: Reaches full charge in 40 minutes or less
- PERFORMANCE: Provides up to 35% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
- CONVENIENCE: Compatible only with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion tools with Star Symbol™ and/or Yellow Battery Receivers
- INCLUDES: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery
• Integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
• Provides up to 35% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
• Reaches full charge in 40 minutes or less
• Compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol™ and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool
• discharging and over-heating
• resistant outer case and shock-absorbing inner-liner are engineered to protect the battery
• vibration applications
• discharge and remains ready for use even after long periods of storage
• Ion is the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery
• leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (charger not included)
|Charge Time||Less than 40min|
1 Year Local Manufacturer Warranty
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
1x MAKITA BL1840B 18V 4.0Ah Li-Ion Battery With Indicator
|Battery Amp Hour||4.0Ah|
|Battery Power Type||Lithium Ion|
|Battery Platform||Makita 18V LXT|